Bandensis Cuttle Project at BioCurious Lab

Hello all. What a great site you have! I am a volunteer scientist working on our S. bandensis project at the BioCurious community lab in Santa Clara, CA. We are working to identify highly edited RNA transcripts through genome and transcriptome analysis of these little guys. Ultimately to determine correlation between changing environmental conditions and RNA editing capabilities. We are also now attempting to culture continuous cell lines, with limited early success, but a lot of fun.

A challenge is partly the daily care and welfare of the cuttlefish. A bigger challenge is replentishing the cuttlefish population when they die. We are looking for cuttlefish vendors near the San Francisco bay area or to ideally to raise our own cuttlefish.

When I researched this topic all roads lead to tonmo. The most information and expertise
that I could find.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back