• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

bandensis courting video (thrid edit: BABIES EATING GUPPIES)

Great work on the breeding - give us another update soon! ... i am setting up a new cuttle tank and i love your dividers! I might have a go at making some myself! Dont ask me what species they are - i wouldnt have a clue, there are too many similar varieties to be sure!

I live in Australia so it is extremely hard to get cuttlefish in! - octopus are no problem, but i can catch them anyway! What i want is a repaer cuttlefish or a few striped pyjama squid - which exist on the east coat near me.

What are your preffered methods of capture of cuttlefish (hand, net, trap?, what else?) Do you jump in the water and swim, or bait them. Where do you look? (rocky? Sandy? Piers?) and how do you go about finding out what areas they inhabit?

thanks very much,

sam

You'll need Quicktime for the videos.

Cuttles will usually hang out around reefs. Though it isn't really recommended, you could try getting suppliers from South east asia to chip cuttles to you.

There are two right now. One is perfect, the other seems to have something on its arms - looks like left over internal egg goo. Hope it comes off. I can also see moving babies in eggs I thought were infertile cause they seemed to be rotting. HA! They are hatching! Hopefully video and pics soon!

Whoo Hoo!

withcoralbaby.jpg

http://stickycricket.com/aquarium/cuttle/babycuttles.html

The progress link is coming along. :biggrin2:

They are around 4 or 5 mm. Havent seen them eat, but I did see one move it arms around. There are plenty of pods in the tank with them, and I am getting some shrimp in the mail today!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back