Baltimore Aquarium

Discussion in 'The Octopus' Den' started by corw314, Feb 8, 2003.

1. corw314

corw314 Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Next weekend, we're going down for 3 days and stay in the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Of course tops on our list is going to the Aquarium! I can't remember on our other visits, if they have an octopus. I am soooo looking forward to this! Anyone know??

Carol

2. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

I thought I had heard somewhere that they do. Seems they have quite an impressive setup over there. Have you seen their homepage at http://www.aqua.org/? Have fun, and let us know how it goes!

3. corw314

corw314 Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Well......The trip was a bust!!!!! Actually the blizzard interfered and from what I can see of Baltimore on the tube, it's a good thing we didn't go!! Probably would have been stranded in the Holiday Inn!!! Not fun!!!!!

Did check out the website! Oh well! Warmer weather will eventually come!!!

Carol

4. Bekkah

Bekkah Larval Mass Registered

i live near dc, in maryland. i havent been to the aquarium since june, but they certainly do have an octo! when i was there, i got to talking to one of the people who worked there. the octopus's name was fonzie, but he was really old. the keeper told me they have a back-up octopus in case fonzie died suddenly :( the aquarium is certainly a really awesome place and i hope you get to go somehwhere!

also, the national zoo in DC has an octopus, and there's free admission there!