Bali Octopus?

05Xrunner

Cuttlefish
Registered
Well i was at the pet store today. They had an octo labeled as a Bali octo.
I was wondering how long do they live..are they shorter life then bimac's and such.
This one was a pretty decent size. mantel was atleast 2.5" and tip to tip i am guessing coulda been atleast a foot but it was balled up.
Would this octo be pretty much almost at end of its life considering its size and all. I am kinda hesitant about it because they wanted 89.99

05Xrunner

Cuttlefish
Registered
WOW...what a helpful forum this is...29 views not a single reply. It seems there are hardly ever any replies. yet sooo many are viewing different parts of the forum at a time. How does any help even happen around here

marinebio_guy

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I'm sorry but this question has been asked several times in past threads. In a nut shell, The "bali octopus" is a generic name that suppiers use so it could be any number of species so it's hard to answer your question. In general its life span is probably a year or two, however the one the pet shop has is probably an adult and will live less than 6 months.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Give us a little time :smile:

I haven't heard the term "bali octopus" in about a year, but what marinebio_guy says is correct.

If you have a big enough mature tank, at least 50 gallons, and have the proper set up for an octopus, you could take a chance on it. It's most likely from a tropical area. You might have it some months.

Nancy

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Supporter
OSX, you should really chill out a little. Not everyone that looks at your post has the expertise to give you a straight answer, which they probably realized and didn't give you a bunch of malarky. So you should credit those people with not making up a lie in which you might have spent the money wastefully.

Aside from that, as marinebio_guy pointed out, it is something that has come up before, so a little searching on your part might have yielded the anwer. I spent three YEARS researching, online and off, looking for pictures of the ligula of a GPO, but I never once got irratated that no one on this forum could help me. Patience will save your life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Girliness

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak