bali octopus from ny aquatic??

Discussion in 'Octopus Care' started by gpx1200, Oct 15, 2012.

1. gpx1200

gpx1200 GPO Registered

any ideas what to expect from this, i may drive their this weak to take a look at a few octos that are suposed to come in, i could use some tips on what to look for and what species i might be looking at. i was told they will all be bali octopus and one he has now is speckeld gray in color and 8" across it's tenticles

2. CaptFish

CaptFish Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Could be almost anything. We see a lot of Adopus coming out of that area, I dont think we have anyone that has bought an octo from NY aquatics, A few people have bought cuttle eggs from them. Gray in color doesn't sound good to me. 8" spread between arms, octos dont have tenticles, would be a fairly small octopus.

3. gpx1200

gpx1200 GPO Registered

just got back from a 7hr drive to ny aquitcs, pict up 2 octos look like a. aculeatus but not shure, one definetly has the purple rings around the suckers. will post pics soon but i have alot of work to do since i only planed to bring one home.

4. SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo Wonderpus Supporter Registered

I purchased a "Bali octo" from NY Aquatics back in May .... it's still alive and well but very small. He/she is in my thread "Can I Buy This Octo?"

Anxious to hear an update from GPX.

Sue

5. CaptFish

CaptFish Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator