Bacon (O. Hummelincki)

It is only a concern if the animal is staying white/grey (that could look greenish) and not showing normal colors (this would be a normal color for CRO). Loss of stong color patterning is one of the signs of senescence. A picture might help (hint, hint).

I need to do some tank cleaning (this weekend) and then I'll take more. Here are a couple small ones. I've got some coralline algae on the glass that is piss hard to get off (I've resorted to an ice scraper, which works alright)

Attachments

• conv_294814.jpg
    conv_294814.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 97
  • conv_294815.jpg
    conv_294815.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 56
If you have a glass aquarium, Toms (an inexpensive brand of many decent aquarium products) makes a scraper (I have both models) that I like for coraline but it is for glass aquariums only. You can find this one at almost any aquarium store.

The photos look like normal coloration to me. I was expecting a whiteish green from your description. I have been looking at the iris shapes on the hummelincki as a possible diagonostic but this one does not seem to have the crescent shape I have noticed on mine. It could be the photo angle but when you get the opportunity could you try to get a close up of the eye?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back