[Cuttlefish]: Back, at long last...

After a 3 year hiatus, I have decided to rebuild a system and stock it with my favorite ceph!
I have an old 50-breeder that would be perfect for our small house and a handful of bandensis. Last night i started repurposing an old hutch/bar into a stand. hopefully finish all of the prep work on it by this weekend.
Initially, I plan to stock the tank with rock and chaeto to create a good habitat for bugs. I will order mysids and amphipods for early feeding and I'm thinking that by late winter i can move them onto grass shrimp, which i can catch locally when the weather warms up.
I have the idea in my head that it would be really cool looking to illuminate the tank from below, as well as above. LED's are easy to configure and install in custom situations like that. Im hoping algae likes it too.
Is there any chance, though, that cuttles would find it especially distressing to have light shining up and down? there will be plenty of nooks and crannies in the rock to hide from both, i think.
Ill post pics of the ongoing preparations and developments.
2014-09-30%2014.13.15.jpg

Search ebay they have a lot of small submersible lights spot lights flood Ect. Good luck I'd love to get a bandensis but I feel they would never make the trip to me and I know absolutely nothing about them lol

2014-10-04%2014.33.05.jpg
2014-10-04%2014.33.27.jpg
Painted the interior with epoxy paint and am in the process of lining that with 1/4" acrylic. Sump plans are pretty simple. Overflow to sock to fuge/DSB10% & skimmer90% to baffles, heater and return.

baffling. haha. keep stopping in to check. ill be making my wife crazy working on it in our dining room, so it should go relatively fast. I love projects. I just need a workshop in which to work on them.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back