• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Baby Pictures!!! (bandensis eggs...)

Here is a picture of my oldest babies (still in the egg!). Sometimes I can see them swimming around inside the egg. I can see the eyes and I can barely see their little tentacles surrounding the yolk sac. Guess I better order some mysids...

and also a picture of mom, dad, dad and eggs.

Attachments

• conv_302775.jpg
    conv_302775.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 89
  • conv_302776.jpg
    conv_302776.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 94
  • conv_302777.jpg
    conv_302777.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 91
I can see the ink sac on the embryos now. I will post more pictures as soon as I get my %&$#! PC working again... I see a hard drive rebuild in my future... in the mean time, I am borrowing hubby's ibook...

:goofysca: Just had a bit of a scare... went downstairs to check on the tank and found the breeder tank overturned and the eggs loose in the 55 gallon tank! I found two of the eggs right away, but I had to take out about 1/2 of the live rock before I found the other batch. I figure that one of the embryos should hatch in the next day or so since it's yolk sac is almost all absorbed... the other embryos are not quite so far along.

cuttlegirl;80848 said:
:goofysca: Just had a bit of a scare... went downstairs to check on the tank and found the breeder tank overturned and the eggs loose in the 55 gallon tank! I found two of the eggs right away, but I had to take out about 1/2 of the live rock before I found the other batch. I figure that one of the embryos should hatch in the next day or so since it's yolk sac is almost all absorbed... the other embryos are not quite so far along.

Aye, that is scary! How do you reckon that happened?

My girlfriend is determined to keep some Cuttles now. I have officially successfully spread the ceph addiction. I told her there were some eggs available but we're not ready to set up another tank yet.

:baby: First baby has hatched. I am a little worried it is premature, it still has a bit of yolk sac attached, but its color looks good (that is brown and white with a stripe across its back). Took pictures, but still can't get my PC to turn on... so you will have to imagine a teeny, tiny cuttlefish about the size of a small pea.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back