• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

baby octo

abate

Cuttlefish
Registered
will a baby octo hunt for itself or will the parents hunt for it. i'm wondering because i want to buy a octopus joubini or a octopus mercatoris and the fidler crabs i want to feed it are several times the size of the babies who are .4 grams big. the other solution of course is just to feed it dead crabs. will that be suficient.

Adult octos will die as their young hatch, so the babies have to hunt for themselves. In general, you'll need to find food that's sized appropriately for the animal, and many octos, particularly young ones, will only take live food. Take a look at the threads about raising mercatoris from eggs to see what the range of foods that were used look like. Note, though, that it's hard to get pygmy species from suppliers that aren't already adults, anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back