Baby briareus sightings and pics

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Early this afternoon we spotted three of the six briareus babies. And they're not even supposed to be day active!

They are mostly hiding in shallow holes in the live rock and don't seem to make an effort to hide completely. When they hunt, they do so very agressively, sometimes taking on amphipods so big they can't kill them. At times they move very quickly. The little octos travel about by walking or jetting. Two times I saw them on the glass and have photos. So they've survived this long - I'm happy for them.

Nancy

Wow!!!!!That's great Nancy!!!! I am so happy for you!!! They seem to be doing really well!!! I would have my face plastered to the tank24/7!!! How do you resist?

Will you need to separate them at some point? Must be amazing to see them changing colors so tiny!!

Great pics!!

CArol

This is so great Nancy :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: Im so glad they are doing well!!! I have yet to see my babies :? But I do have alot of rock :roll: Maybe soon I will see a few :P

neptune said:
Great pics Nancy!!!! :biggrin2:

Does anyone know why octos love glass or tank walls so much??

Ive always asumed its just because its a good vantage point??? and they can see all of their territory... inside and out! :smile:

That was my assumtion as well, but it is king of interesting as they would hardly ever encournter a plane of that nature in the wild. Yet they seem to constantly be exploring the glass for many reasons. At this point Ochi litterlaly crawls to the top corner of the tank for food from my hands. He also like to climb as high as possible to get the most out of his jets. But these little baby are just hanging out on it. Just makes me wonder their psyche, as I am sure the walls serve for many purposes.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back