Austin - Squid Collective

Howdy,

I'm the head of a psytrance music promotion group called Squid Collective, in Austin, Texas. We organize parties where we have djs play a form of electronic music known as psychedelic trance.

1511000581_6194b17bc3.jpg

For our first party we built a squid to hang over the dancefloor. The deco theme was "An Aquatic Adventure" and we had various other aquatic elements like jellyfish and puffer fish. Photos on our website. I thought you might be interested in seeing this.

2083081329_4fa2554b98.jpg
2083865842_96c7ff2dd5.jpg

I'm also interested in ideas for squid and cephalopod-related deco elements that we can build. We're trying to keep the budget under $200. The squid only cost about $150 in materials.

I've long wanted to do the squid equivalent of a Chinese parade dragon, with folks way out in front holding sticks aloft to make the tentacles dance around individually.

erich orser;106234 said:
I've long wanted to do the squid equivalent of a Chinese parade dragon, with folks way out in front holding sticks aloft to make the tentacles dance around individually.

OH! OH! Pick me pick me. Can I be the hectocotylus??

Man, that would take some serious rehearsal.

Yeah, a lot of the dragon-dance stuff relies on it being one long thing, so there would have to be a lot more choreography to avoid getting tied in knots...

After our successful party we had a congratulatory squid dinner:

Squid salad

Fettucine a la Artifakt (tomato sauce with anchovy) with squid

Squid stir fry

If only there was a squid dessert...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back