tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Posted on behalf of Dr. Phillip Lee and Leigh Walsh:

tonmo

January 5, 2004

Dear Fellow Researcher:

The National Resource Center for Cephalopods (NRCC), based on the campus of the University of Texas Medical Branch, is a NIH National Center for Research Resources funded facility. The NRCC has a 20-year history of providing a broad range of cephalopod species for biomedical research. To assure year-round availability, several key species are cultured through the complete life cycle in our facility. The animals are maintained in closed recirculating sea water systems and provide excellent research models.

The NRCC provides live squid, cuttlefish, octopus and Nautilus as well as tissues and organ systems to researchers. The animals are laboratory reared and accustomed to being handled and observed. Live, healthy cephalopods are available year-round to both visiting scientists and those requiring the animals at their home facility. For visiting scientists, an array of flexible workspace is available including wet and dry laboratories, a 65 ft research vessel and two small workboats.

Several species of cephalopods are cultured at the NRCC. These species include Sepia officinalis, Sepia pharaonis, Sepioteuthis lessoniana, Octopus bimaculoides and Euprymna scolopes. Nautilus pompilius, Lolliguncula brevis and Octopus bimaculoides are field-collected species available year around. Other species of cephalopods are available upon request.

The NRCC ships animals via Federal Express Priority Mail Overnight Service in the continental United States and will coordinate with other carriers to provide animals and tissue internationally. For more information please visit our website at www.nrcc.utmb.edu or contact the NRCC Laboratory Manager, Leigh Walsh at (409) 747-0768 or via email at [email protected].

Thank you,

Dr. Phillip Lee
Director, National Resource Center for Cephalopods
The University of Texas Medical Branch

How about a juvinal giant pacific

I have a 250 gal puget sound aquarium,
in WA. state.

I also dive, so if I had to I could release it
if it outgrew my system.

any help would be appricated.

todd h

Leigh is lovely! Very helpful.

Not sure about GPOs we get them from a company in Canada.

The NRCC are a fantastic group of people and are amazingly helpful. The Euprymna were lovely which we received, unfortunatly they didn't do too well. Has anyone ever had more success with these?

All hail NRCC, gods of cephs! :P

(You'd think i work for them wouldn't you... well if they offer! Hehe)

~Andy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back