Ask, And Ye Shall Receive* - Science 2.0

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff

[SIZE=-2]3News NZ[/SIZE]

Ask, And Ye Shall Receive*
[SIZE=-1]Science 2.0[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Yesterday I complained that none of the articles about the New Zealand squid fishery had any quotes from fishing reps. I had only to wait 24 hours for my complaint to be answered! In a press release from the Seafood Industry Council, I learned that The ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Science Drives Proposal to Change Squid Fishery[SIZE=-1]Scoop.co.nz (press release)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Squid fishing leads to decline in sea lion numbers[SIZE=-1]3News NZ[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Govt 'gambling with the survival' of NZ sea lions[SIZE=-1]TVNZ[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Voxy -Newstalk ZB[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 12 news articles[/SIZE]

More...

"Mr Bodeker, CE of the New Zealand Seafood Council said that that sea lion pup count declines are of concern to the industry and the challenge now is for scientists to establish the real reason for the pup declines and to see if a remedy can be identified."

The Council will probably not be pleased if it turns out that the remedy might involve a kill quota on squid, rather than sea lions . . .

seems we have heard that they have already been told and refuse to accept.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back