Article Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Cephalopod Fossils' started by Spirula, May 11, 2015.

1. Spirula

Spirula Cuttlefish Registered

I saw the recommended readings at the top of this page as well as the nice summaries on different ceph fossils.

However, I was wondering if anyone could give me recommendations on scientific papers to read. This is for part of an independent study course - I'm reading about different aspects of cephs and want to spend a little time on fossils (but only like a week or two so please, no books unless it's a specific chapter). So if there are a few papers you think are seminal and a few papers you think are particularly interesting and recent, I would appreciate it.

tonmo likes this.
  2. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

I can't help much there but the Octopus Den forum has a Member's Publication thread that you might want to browse. @Architeuthoceras specializes in fossiles so all of his papers will be relevant.
    @Taollan shows one from 2013 that may interest you
    @Wolfgang has a book listed that you may want to acquire even though books are not on the agenda

I think most of the other works are about living animals or taxonomy but you can scan the thread for anything I may have missed.

3. Architeuthoceras

Architeuthoceras Architeuthis Staff Member Moderator

I can't think of any papers that would be "general" an/or "summary" in nature. The articles in this thread are probably the latest, and any of them are worth reading, and show the latest thinking on different fossil forms.

4. Spirula

Spirula Cuttlefish Registered

Thanks