• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Article Recommendations?

Spirula

Cuttlefish
Registered
I saw the recommended readings at the top of this page as well as the nice summaries on different ceph fossils.

However, I was wondering if anyone could give me recommendations on scientific papers to read. This is for part of an independent study course - I'm reading about different aspects of cephs and want to spend a little time on fossils (but only like a week or two so please, no books unless it's a specific chapter). So if there are a few papers you think are seminal and a few papers you think are particularly interesting and recent, I would appreciate it.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
I can't help much there but the Octopus Den forum has a Member's Publication thread that you might want to browse. @Architeuthoceras specializes in fossiles so all of his papers will be relevant.
@Taollan shows one from 2013 that may interest you
@Wolfgang has a book listed that you may want to acquire even though books are not on the agenda

I think most of the other works are about living animals or taxonomy but you can scan the thread for anything I may have missed.

Members online