• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

article on Sepiola atlantica

Reading this some new plans are emerging-...
I also have a 1300 l coldwater marine tank and want to ad a 100/25/20 cm tank for sepiola on top of this.

Maybe need to to go scuba diving this weekend.

When I encounter them they behave more like cuttlefish, but I am no expert. I have to look into this one.

Unfortunately my tank was out for hydrostatic testing so I could only go snorkling. This was rather ainfull as I forgot my gloves and 5°C is not very pleasant if you stay in the water for 45 minutes!
But I didn' t see them

I have a friend who has a trawling net, that is the only way of collecting a decent amount of specimens.

dwhatley;166700 said:
Are bobtailed squid actually cuttlefish or squid?

They're neither! Morphologically and behaviorally they have characteristics of both, but Sepiolida are a separate order. Which adds to their awesomeness. :smile: I had the pleasure of caring for and studying Rossia macrosoma and, to a lesser degree, Sepiola atlantica as part of my Masters'. They are fascinating.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back