Art Student in Chicag

Hello everyone, my name is Caitlin and I am a student at the Art Institute of Chicago. Currently I am working on a series of paintings inspired by each species of octopus individually. My focus is on communicating the beauty of life (and octopus) through representation of intense texture and color. I am slowly accumulating a collection of drawings and oil paintings that I hope to gradually share with this WONDERFUL WEBSITE COMMUNITY! YAY! Feel free to email me, I have been researching octopus independantly for about a year now and any communication on the subject is greatly appreciated! I will also paint on commission if you have a subject you'd like drawn or painted. I can't post pictures of my work until I move into my new apartment but I just couldn't wait to join on tonmo as a member! Happiness!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Yes, Happiness! :biggrin2:

Welcome RiotgearRobots... Can't wait to see your art!

thom

Blue Ring
Registered
My, there seem to be a lot of art students hanging around here! Not really that surprising when I think about it :)

Welcome!

PS> I havent been researching for as long as you have, so as a side note: I just got "Cephalopods, a world guide" by Mark Norman, and im finding it to be really helpful, as it has many excellent photographs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowtbc

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak