are there people that actually believe in cthulhu?

Rlyehsig.jpg

Tis a sig I made a while ago, with the help of Google Earth, and info taken from Bloopwatch.

Just 'cause someone mentioned the lat and long of the setting in COC...

Not only that...but there is some scuttlebutt that Radio Free Cthulhu will soon be on the airwaves, and to all the ships at sea...

sorry, too late for that...Cthulhu takes no repenting (repentition? hmmm)

It would be fun to have you on as a guest though ! You could abase yourself.

Ya know, I didn't believe in Cthulhu, but last night I dreamt that I slept in, missed my flight to Sarasota, and didn't get to go to Tonmocon II. What evil could spawn such a nightmare? Hmm....

What amazes me, but probably shouldn't, is that even though Cthulhu was clearly developed as fictionpeople still believe it is true. Some say the author is lieing and plagarising, others say he just doesn't know that he was channeling the truth.

...and others actually state that he was writing a fictional account of a real religion.

Radio Free Cthulhu

If you believe that H.D.Lovecraft was a conduit to a higher truth that was Cthulhu then you are one of those people, and a loon.

Opcn;95549 said:
If you believe that H.D.Lovecraft was a conduit to a higher truth that was Cthulhu then you are one of those people, and a loon.

I find it offensive that you are stereotyping Cthulhu cultists is loons. Frankly, if you get to know enough cultists, you'll probably find that some are loons, but some are also kooks, geeks, weirdos, eccentrics, intellectual deconstructionists, nihilists, and dangerous felons. Now, you don't have to want your daughter to marry a fish-man, but can't we just get along?

p.s. is H.D. Lovecraft the new version that will work on my big TV? I'm so there!

LOL...I always love it when people call me loony...though it is perfectly acceptable to worship the ghost of a dead carpenter, or think that texts written by several hundred people over a period of time are somehow "religious".

And, I like loons. We used to see them all of the time in Minnesota.

HD Lovecraft tV? Sign me up too !

Besides, we all know it was Edgar Allen Poe that was the true conduit to higher beings, though "Rats in the Walls" came close...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back