• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Are Berghia nudibranchs safe...

... for aiptasia control in a dwarf cuttlefish display? Anyone know if the cuttles will eat or try to eat the nudi's?
I have seen a cuttle try to grab a stomatella snail - unsuccessfully (couldn't seem to pull it off the glass).
I have way too many aiptasia and students at a nearby university are raising Berghias. I am thinking about giving them a try.

I don't know if cuttles or octos will eat them (I think my green serpent might:hmm:) but you have to figure on having it die or giving it back once the aptasia are gone since this is all they eat (wierd specialization). I have considered getting one for the nano but not only is this were Mr. Green Jeans lives, I have a hard time knowingly condeming the thing. So far the pep is keeping the aptasia under control (but doesn't touch the excessive numbers I already have) where none of my normal methods have killed them in this tank.

I think I will give it a try. The nudi's move So slow they might go un noticed. I
m pretty sure I could keep a few fed and always have the option of giving them back, or passing them around.

...OK I just found the Berghia thread. Thales says it all in post#9.
No one to blame but myself. :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back