Architeuthis size - HELP

I'm sorry.

Sorry, but I'm on the Asian side of the Pacific ( East coast)
Thanks. However, 10 f00t is still not very big comapred to a destroyer.

It might not be the Moroteuthis, it might be some kinds werid squid that we have never heard of. Perhaps a new type like moronteuthis :lol: And we never really paid attention since we all though that they were giant squids.

Oops,

You're still West compared to me, but sorry. Also, if the rubber housing on the dome is compromised - heck, it could be a two-foot creature. You or I could do it with a pocket knife; it's just rubber. A squid with claws could easily accomplish this, and suddenly a giant warship COULD (I wish I could figure-out how to do italics) be compromized by a ceph just 10-feet-long. :sink:

I saw these hooks years ago ... but have probably misplaced images. I'll dig around.

Unfotunately, all the evidence belongs to the United States Navy, and I sincerely doubt they'll give up any evidence that shows their multi-million dollar technology can be compromised by a cephalopod. They're, well, rather arrogant that way. Oh well, I grew up in the USAF, and that seems to be the pattern. Think about various physics-defying UFOs the lunatics are always claiming came from one star cluster or another. I've seen them. They're all courtesy of our tax-payer money. I've even seen them later on cable TV docs showing failed projects that were tested and the gov. said no. But they flew. They just weren't cost-effective or otherwise useful. It's why I pay no attention to the conspiracy-theorist junkies. The real stuff is all buried in plain-sight in the public archives.Conspiracy-freaks never think about looking for all the outrageous stuff governments leave there. I guess none of them have the patience to do any archival work. Much as I admire their cynicism and suspicion, Ye gawwds, what a bunch of naive idiots. Sorry, had to rant.

Erich

Re: USS Stein,

This incident was a mentioned a long time ago on this site. Kat mentioned that she had seen poor quality images of the 'hooks' and stated that they did not resemble any part of cephalopod anatomy. I think she said that they looked somewhat like dorsal fin spines from rays.

Will try and find the old thread. I failed to find any images myself unfortunately.

Thanks for the info on Moroteuthis, Steve. Will 'watch this space' as they say.

As for the East/West reference, sorry - was looking in the direction of HK, which from my perspective is certainly West. Sometimes I'm a dumb**s, particularly the other night. :oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back