Aquarium needs photos

jrudolph

Hatchling
Registered
Hello all!

My name is Jacob Rudolph, I work at the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher. We are preparing to open an octopus (vulgaris) exhibit here in the aquarium. The interpretive education for the exhibit will be in the form of a multimedia presentation on an LCD monitor -- with photos and video of octopuses telling the story.

This is a great opportunity to educate more than 500,000 visitors a year about the wily octopus.

Being a state facility with a limited budget, though, we are unable to afford the high costs of stock footage/photos. I have found some wonderful photos within the Tonmo.com community, and some very nice folks to boot. Carol has already agreed to share some of her images with us for use in the octopus exhibit presentation.

I am in search of photos/video that fit the following subjects: Squeezing, Inking, Propulsion, Camouflage and Puzzle Solving.

If you have any footage/pictures of octopus (preferably vulgaris) you'd be willing to donate to this project, please email me off list at [email protected]. Also, any suggestions for informationthat should be covered in the overall educational message of the exhibit are more than welcome.

Thanks for your time,

Jacob Rudolph
Media Technician
NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher

jrudolph said:
Carol has already agreed to share some of her images with us for use in the octopus exhibit presentation.

[/URL]

Awww Carol your the best. Anyone that has any good ceph footage please help the Aquarium out. They're doing their best to promote awareness on these awesome animals and any pics you have, could be a great help.
Thanks,
John Mauser
NC Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores

Hi jacob, if you see any of my pics online that you want to use then let me know... There is quite a good one of camoflage on the article here Article last pic down...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back