• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Anywhere in US have cuttles now?

Nancy said:
Hi Sideways,
Yes, you... and others! Keep in touch..

Nancy

Sorry Nancy, I've been so busy.
Since I'm cephless, I don't spend much time posting on tonmo. That doesn't mean I haven't been on the site reading posts though. It's overwhelming how many people have joined since I got Roxy. I have a feeling there will be a ceph in my future, although I don't know whether it will be one that hovers in the water( :cuttle: ) or one that crawls on the bottom( :octopus: ). John

John, you were always good at telling us about your cephs. Hope you do get another ceph, but until then, you'll certainly welcome to stop by and see what's going on.

I was really referring to octo and cuttle owners who tell us about their cephs for a while, but, because everything is going OK, drift away. Since I'm trying to keep a record of lifespan and generally follow what's going on, this makes it hard. We'd really like to hear about the cephs that are doing well as well as the ones having problems - all of our octo and cuttle pets.

Nancy

Sideways, since you're at an aquarium, why don't you try ordering cuttles or cephs from the NRCC thru the aquarium. I don't know if its ethical though... :wink:

joel_ang said:
Sideways, since you're at an aquarium, why don't you try ordering cuttles or cephs from the NRCC thru the aquarium. I don't know if its ethical though... :wink:

I could do that but then there's a risk of getting in some hot water with the bosses. Collecting is a different issue, they'll let me keep stuff i want when we're collecting...stingrays, seahorses, etc. But ordering from somewhere and telling them it's for aquarium use when it's not is a little different. I don't mind waiting and paying a little more... I just have to decide whether I want another octo or to try a cuttle. I could catch an O. vulgaris right here, but then I'd have to deal with an escape artist. John

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back