anyone need some octos?

ok now that ive got my octopus traps set offshore, my friend in sumter calls saying hes got octopus on his fish list so ive ordered 3, 2 for me one for my friend. now if i go and check these traps this week or next week and there are octos in them does anyone here want one? more than likely they will be vulgaris so if youre intersted just pm.

Perhaps, depending on size and species, please update me on whatever you happen to catch!

On a side note, does anybody have any juvenile bimacs currently available for some starving college research students? The NRCC has a few, but a study I'm currently working on needs about 10 more....anybody?
-O

OutlawBoater92;105897 said:
Perhaps, depending on size and species, please update me on whatever you happen to catch!

On a side note, does anybody have any juvenile bimacs currently available for some starving college research students? The NRCC has a few, but a study I'm currently working on needs about 10 more....anybody?
-O

The only breeder I know of currently is Zyan Silver's dad... um, he surfaced briefly, "Obi one" but hasn't updated on availability recently... you might consider PMing or emailing him or Zyan.

I'm not sure what's going on with marinebio_guy at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that he had to put the whole bimac project on hold when he moved.

im planning on checking the traps tomorrow so ill let yall know whats in them (hopefully 2 octos in every trap... being optimistic). im pretty sure the breeding season around here was the end of last summer so that would put babies in the water perfect size about now so well see how it works. ill try to get some pics up of the process too...

ok so ive checked the traps. luckly the wind only pushed them about 200 yards south of where i placed them. they were not empty and what was inside did have lots of legs but its more so octopus food rather than octopus unfortunately(but at least i know the idea works). since i had a fairly nice day i decided to take the traps about another mile offshore so now they are in about 30-35 feet of water and on a solid sand bottom. it wont be until at least monday before i can check them again and thats if the weather holds out so ill let yall know what happens

Any chance of taking some pics for us to see when you go to empty traps :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back