• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

anyone ever use aquacultue nursery farms??

well i'm a little disapointed so far, i placed an order this morning and recived an automated e-mail with a tracking number saying the order shipped for delivery tomorow but now it says the package was returned to sender but i've heard nothing from ANF about it so i don't know if my order is coming tomorow or not so i have to waste a day waiting around the house for somthing that might not come. theirs nothing worse than poor comunication from a seller to me.

still disapointed

well finaly got an email around 1am from ANF saying my order shipped so after waiting half the day i get another e-mail

"The USPS delivered your package back to us this morning. They said that they couldn't mail it do to it being undeclared liquid. It's now on it's way again today, express for tomorrow delivery.I took it in personaly and spoke with our local post master, so now it's accepted again and in transit.

Sorry for the delay."

so how is it that a company who does buisness by mailorder every day doesn't know how to ship their product??, i am disgusted by this and have writen them an email asking that they refund the extra $37 that i paid for express overnight shipping that was not provided but they have not responded yet.
i also expressed my disapointment that my package was returned this morning but i was not notified till after 1pm this afternoon.
this whole time i have never even recived a tracking number to show anything has shipped and i'm not shure if ill get anything at all

The liquid thing is relatively new (a couple of years though) and a royal pain (and depends on who handles the package as to what happens). The new rule is you have to TAKE it to the post office if there is liquid. They don't DO anything different once you go there and declare it. I suspect the company is new and may be shipping from a residential address as I would expect (but don't know) that businesses would be exempt.

i just got my order and i am still very disapointed
the shrimp are aclimating but many look to be dead, with all the refuse in the bag it looks like they scooped them right from the marsh and put them in the box to ship.
i bought 2 seives and bolth are made from pvc pipe that was cut and glued togeather crooked.
and this is their idea of an 8oz bottle of decaped brine shrimp eggs, it's an 8oz BOTTLE il give them that but theyll never get another dime of my money

Attachments

• conv_300856.jpg
    conv_300856.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 237
Unfortunate purchase but good job on the review and posting as it will help others in the future.

I am curious to know if the brine hatch.

If you don't need tons of brine I have used a great little hatchery (albeit expensive but their eggs are cheap when you buy quantity and last years in the frig) that always works and you never have to deal with the casings (except to clean it daily). You will need two of them and I have never had success raising any of the brine to adults but the hatchery always works (new hatch takes about 13 hours) even with old (properly stored) eggs.

thanks D i forgot about brine shrimp direct, i could of goten the seives and eggs from them and the mysis from a better known source but oh well whats done is done, next time i need eggs i will try BSD's hatchable decaped eggs, last time i looked at their site they only had the regular ones and recomended useing the dry eggs for hatching, i also have some dry eggs that i plan to try decaping myself(funny as i write this theirs a clorox add at the bottom of the page).
on the bright side ANF did agree to refund me $37 wich is the differance between the overnight shipping i paid for and the 2 day shipping i got but i have not seen it on my credit card statment yet.
the decaped brine did hatch with about the same hatch rate as the dry eggs, mabie a little better but having no shells to deal with is exelent and the unhatched eggs seem to stick to the sides of the bottle more than the dry after settling so it's easy to drain all the hatched eggs and leave the unhatched behind or swirl the bottle a little and drain them out with the rest. i let them settle like regular dry eggs and their was no sign of any shells left floating at the top. one thing for shure the decaped eggs yield alot more useable hatchlings by volume compaired to dry

geting more and more disgusted with my order from anf, after feeding them for a weak i started to notice some of the shrimp are not even mysis they are larger grass/gohst shrimp(some are dark green some are white) they grow faster and larger than the mysids eating up all their food and babbies in the proces. so i spent about 2 hours seperating the unwanted shrimp from the mysids and wound up with over 30 shrimp of varied species out of 200 suposed to be mysids. and the $37 that they told me they would refund for ther overnight shipping i didn't get has not shown up on my credit card yet.
SATY AWAY FROM AQUACULTURE NURSERY FARMS.

update
i checked my credit card again and they ishued the $37 refund the next day, it just took a weak to show up on the statment

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back