• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

anyone been bitten?

very large fleas indeed

it got me again today and my little fingernail is now bleeding... still from a few hours ago!!! arghhhh

any hints on catching the fish?

it is quite a large damsel i think well perhaps i made it sound a bit worse than it was...LOL :lol:

but it got a nail flag thing so it did bleed for ages - not that it particularly hurt!!! lol :biggrin2:

it gives you an awful shock when you dont see it coming!!!

BUT GUESS WHAT JOEL!!! MAYBE A CUTTLE CAN BE THE SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEMS COS THE LFS RANG TO SAY THEY HAVE ONE IN!!! HOW LUCKY AM I - THEY SAID THEY ONLY GET BOUT TWO IN A YEAR AND I ONLY WAITED 3 WEEKS!!!

but now i am really worried!!! ill post another thread asking for advice on arrival/transport etc!!! gosh i am a bit unprepared to tell you the truth - ill have to feed freshwater feeders for a week till i can get to the beach!!

:cuttle: :cuttle:

The lfs should have frozen ocean fish (smelt or something), or shrimp...you should be ok there...keep us posted !
g

awww... what a disaster day - i attempted a 50 % water change for the first time ever and it ended up being an all day and night ordeal where i changed about 80 % of the water!!! oh man what a day - i will be spending most of tomorrow fixing up what i did today

tried to place the protien skimmer on the outflow from the main tank but the resistance was too high so the skimmer wasnt working and the main tank nearly flooded... any ideas? i think ill just put the skimmer back at the end of the sump and put up with it for now...

downstairs is a complete mess and there is water everywhere!!!... not a good day at all... on the bright side i managed to catch most of the fish and am taking them back tomorrow...

on the ven darker than the dark side i mentioned before - the cuttle was dead when i got to the store... i guess the capture transfer lights and people and inking were to much for the little 5cm thing - it looked like a papuan cuttle but it is hard to tell when they are dead - but it had the patch above the eyes and the right body shape - ahh well...maybe next time in 7months when the get them in again... sniff sniff

All I can think of is when surf-photographer Alex Kerstich was ambushed by Dosidicus Gigas while diving in the Sea of Cortez. He described these massive squid as removing "softball"-sized chunks of flesh from the poor dogfish that the boat was pulling-up. Mean critters. Boy, I like them. Thank God they turn-up along my coastline.
Hope I can see them healthy and alive someday.

Erich

Letter from Mr.Humbolt Gigas to Erich
Dear Erich,
Thank you fror your admiration to or fellow cephs. We would like to meet 100 feet below surface in the middle of the sea. Please do not bring your wet suit, diving gear and please bring a bottle of ketchup and some BBQ sauce. See your there!

Yours
:histio:

P.S: Please put butter on yourself and soak (marinate) with herbs sauce. We like poeple who are nice and (re)freshing!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back