anyone been bitten?

outhus

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Reaction score
has anyone ever been bitten by there cuttle??? mine is getting pretty friendly but sometimes she gets a little playful and tries to attack me. i am so curious to see if she would actually bite me and how bad it would hurt,. but i get too scared and can never go through with it.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
Outhus: of course it is going to hurt ! A cuttle beak removes a nice little chunk of flesh...I would probably recommend not experimenting in this area...kind of like taking a bath and dropping the radio in the water to see what will happen. :shock:

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
My daughtor Jess was mistakenly bitten by Inklet, a young bimac at the time. He didn't break the skin but left two marks on her finger!!! We used to have the video posted on site! She did more screaming than hurt!!!!

chrono_war01

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't sound fun being bitten by a pet.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Reaction score
I've been bitten 4 times now by midget octis. I WOULD NOT recommend it!!! It is painful if they inject the saliva (like a bee or hornet sting but lasts longer) and there is the possibility of being allergic to the toxin.

J

oscar

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
i seem to remeber that video...though there was a lot of laughing on your part if i recall -

in the before you buy article by colling he says a cuttle will never grab your hand and always only the food though it sound like it is extreemly painfull if you do get bitten - my guess would be if you disrupt their favourite rocks or scare them they may bite but otherwise i think your safe...

please dont tempt fate though cos i have a nasty habit of predicting the exact opposite of what eventuates...lol

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Reaction score
My cuttles never tried biting me, only when i touched its tentacles, the closest i have been to getting bitten is being nicked on the nail whilst playing tug of war using my finger.

chrono_war01

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Reaction score
Still scary, Squid, Octo and squid all seem so scary now. I'm scared, I'm leaving for the first plane inland. :lol: