Any other high schoolers here?

So I just got back from a week of Seacamp II San Diego. It's this really cool camp that connects kids to the local marine biology. We did some cool labs, stayed on a boat for 2 days and did 4 dives and a night snorkel (really cool I got to see a group of squid come up to feed!), visit the Scripps research pier and facility and go to SeaWorld. I had a blast! We also did a research project so mine was on the Bimac Octo. We couldn't find one while diving but they had one back at the camp. Anyway I thought this was relevant to the whole college thing so I reawakened this thread.

It you have some photos and some time to write up a more detailed experience, consider creating a TONMO blog and detailing the different activities! ESPECIALLY the work with the bimac and the squid observations :wink:

Well the ceph related stuff was more in passing. We all had to research a fish and give a basic presentation. I kinda cheated since I already knew everything needed for the bimac :sagrin:

The squid school (is this right?) was cool. We were doing a night snorkel and we all linked arms in a circle near where the boat was throwing food and they darted up and around us! Waaaaaay cool!

We've had many high school students join TONMO.com over the past few years.
And don't forget the Lurkers, there must be a lot of them in that catetory, too.
It may take you some time to figure out who our younger members are.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back