• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Another post, still no answer

Fireguy

Hatchling
Registered
Hey guys, so I've been searching for WEEKS without any luck as to how to get an octopus in Canada. Is there any Canadian stores that would special order them for me? I wanted bimacs initially but I heard they're rare in the hobby now so I'll be fine with anything (as long as it isn't an ''expert'' level octopus) that can fit in a 70 gallon tank (what I have right now).

Is another option to go to the States border and get one shipped? Or does that not exist for octopus?

I heard they were bad at naming the species of octopus though which I would need to cross back again lol
I understand that's pretty common... maybe you could get a pic and the community here could assist with an ID? I'm not sure how well those logistics would work but maybe worth a shot!

I understand that's pretty common... maybe you could get a pic and the community here could assist with an ID? I'm not sure how well those logistics would work but maybe worth a shot!
That is definitely an option. Worst case scenario I can always ask my lfs to special order it. They special order anything and everything and they seem very knowledgeable (Big Al's is one of the highly recognized fish stores in Canada).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back