Another post, still no answer

Fireguy

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've been searching for WEEKS without any luck as to how to get an octopus in Canada. Is there any Canadian stores that would special order them for me? I wanted bimacs initially but I heard they're rare in the hobby now so I'll be fine with anything (as long as it isn't an ''expert'' level octopus) that can fit in a 70 gallon tank (what I have right now).

Is another option to go to the States border and get one shipped? Or does that not exist for octopus?

Squiderp 12

Blue Ring
Registered
Reaction score
You could look online, might have more luck. LiveAquaria is a good source from what I've heard from other sources. Never used it myself but still check it out!

Fireguy

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
LiveAquaria doesn't ship to Canada but I could try picking one up from the border. I heard they were bad at naming the species of octopus though which I would need to cross back again lol

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
I heard they were bad at naming the species of octopus though which I would need to cross back again lol
I understand that's pretty common... maybe you could get a pic and the community here could assist with an ID? I'm not sure how well those logistics would work but maybe worth a shot!

Fireguy

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
I understand that's pretty common... maybe you could get a pic and the community here could assist with an ID? I'm not sure how well those logistics would work but maybe worth a shot!
That is definitely an option. Worst case scenario I can always ask my lfs to special order it. They special order anything and everything and they seem very knowledgeable (Big Al's is one of the highly recognized fish stores in Canada).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blizz

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards