• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

another ebay octopus

" can you speak rhinocerous? why, of course-orous, and do !"
-Doolittle

The whole thing about selling these animals is crazy. I know of reef keepers who buy them after being told that they only eat one type of shrimp (of course, the kind for sale at that particular shop), and so are safe with everything else. Then they call me when the little bugger has wiped out their entire peppermint shrimp colony, as well as the seahorses, etc.

boggles the mind, doesn't it ???

Ditto, I got a very succinct reply... anyone want to guess which two letters they were? :roll: Amazing that someone who claims to have been in the aquarium trade for 15 years can continue the what-I-can't-hear-you-my-fingers-are-in-my-ears approach to 'caring for' animals.

Could ebay be convinced???

True, but the poor octo is will probably be :angel: very soo.

Has anyone considered trying to write to ebay to convince them that allowing certain kinds of cephs to be sold is outrageous? I don't have enough knowledge to be credible, but there are so many of you who do.

Yes, I have done that also. Their wildlife policy (here) states that they allow the sale of tropical fish and some kinds of snails and, as far as I can tell, that's all. If they consider octopus to fall under the 'tropical fish' jurisdiction (let's hope not) then I guess it's currently legal, but I asked them to review it (citing the recent octo auctions) and to consider making them specifically prohibited. I'm sure they'd love to hear the same from others though. :wink:

looks like a wonderpuss to me.
wasn't there a thread a while back about someone selling a BRO on ebay? thats the only thing worse IMO

edit: wow this guy sounds like a piece of work after re-reading the advert. luckily i lost all faith in humanity a while ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back