another ebay octopus

i got crabs

GPO
Registered
if anyone has a second go to ebay and check out what the seller has described as a zebra banded octopus. im not sure what to think of this, so i choose not to think anymore.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
haven't looked yet (I'm at work :lol:) but sounds like either Wunderpus or a Mimic from that description....not good :sad:

J

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
someone who has 'been in the aquarium industry for over 15 years importing products... never seen or heard of anything quite like this animal' ... and is selling it on Ebay (!!) said:
I will send you the tank and all materials in it (coral, etc.) for an additional $250
Alternately :mad: and cringing...

main_board

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Wowza! From his description it doesn't sound like he's been in the biz for that long....and this is coming from someone who's only been in it for six years.

Cheers!

Colin

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I cant believe that it is within the rules on eBay?

eBay.co.uk at least seem to be very strict about animal listings, even to the point they wont let you sell anything which is not on their lists and adverts for animals tend to disappear very quickly. I have reported stuff to eBay in the past before with good results.

Past examples have been axolotls and tree frogs.

Also, $500 is just crazy money for something with a couple months to live.

Wonder if the winning buyer will end up here looking for info?

cthulhu77

Titanites
Supporter
" can you speak rhinocerous? why, of course-orous, and do !"
-Doolittle

The whole thing about selling these animals is crazy. I know of reef keepers who buy them after being told that they only eat one type of shrimp (of course, the kind for sale at that particular shop), and so are safe with everything else. Then they call me when the little bugger has wiped out their entire peppermint shrimp colony, as well as the seahorses, etc.

boggles the mind, doesn't it ???

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Ditto, I got a very succinct reply... anyone want to guess which two letters they were? :roll: Amazing that someone who claims to have been in the aquarium trade for 15 years can continue the what-I-can't-hear-you-my-fingers-are-in-my-ears approach to 'caring for' animals.

Members online

No members online now.