Animal Face Off

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
Discovery Channel had their premiere of a new 12-part series titled "Animal Face Off" (or AFO for short). The 12th in this series is the Colossal Squid vs the Sperm Whale (we're not letting on anything about it, other than what has already been posted in the R & D forum), airing 06 June, but I'm interested to hear any reviews of the series, if anyone has watched it, any of the programmes.

It is not airing on New Zealand Discovery Channel yet - ours is Australasian Discovery [edited].
Ta
Me

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
the first show aired last week here...great white vs. crocodile...I guess in our day and age of video combat, it is a way to get teens to watch a show and maybe spark some interest in animals...but...the details were "croc-hunter-ified"...over the top sensationalism and somewhat overblown thoughts on the "dangerous and deadly" aspect of the beasts...very nice videography and cg effects though.
greg

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Greg. You'll probably have kittens if you can stomach watching the series through to episode 12; a particular someone, who shall go unnamed, is ever-so-slightly less-than serious in his approach.

It's supposed to be sensationalised entertainment, as the two animals that face off wouldn't normally (apart from the whale and squid) meet/enter into combat. Of course, I'd have preferred it had it been a face off between a grizzly bear, tiger or lion and a colossal squid, in the squid's natural environment! On land, in a battle between a mouse and a sperm whale, the mouse would have won!

Anyone else any thoughts, or did only one person in the whole wide world watch the show.
Ta
O

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Reaction score
(EDIT - description and play-by-play, dont want to give it away as it still has time to air) I enjoyed watching the show. Cant wait to see the Colossal and the whale Face-Off. The Giant (undiscovered) Ammonite could take them all on, it was the real reason for the extinction of the dinosaurs ya know :D

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
now now... I only meant that the show was somewhat sensationalized...i am sure that YOUR appearance will be very, very professional, and very logical.
no, really.

Burstsovenergy24

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw the previews for lions vs. tigers. on AFO. Looked tight.

Funny too since I was talking about ligers on FFA.

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
i prefer cartoon networks version..... even if the morons favor a croc..... :roll: they have a little spoof goin on about a flying croc vs. a flying shark..... of course its common knowledge that a shark would make the croc look stupid for about a second and a half beofre it bites the croc in two.... :) the flying great white would reign supreme until it meets a flying messie.... or just me...

Simply marionettes dancing for my amusement

Cupidlu :heart: :whalevsa:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraPettis

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak