• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Amphipods

They wont hold their attention very long... when i first had baby cuttles they were 12mm long and eating shirmp at 10 - 20 mm long... an amphipod wouldnt be big enough for long

Thanks guys - I guess my whole point of this is to keep a constant source of live food for a cuttle. I am not apposed to frozen shrimp and other foods but I just like the idea of live foods in general. What could I keep that would be good for the cuttle - easy to take care of and breed - and not too much food expense themselves. It would be pointless to raise some fiddler crabs, shrimp, and a guppies tank and end up spending 30-40 dollars a month to feed them when it would only take 10-20 to just feed the cuttle. I am at a loss; let me know if there is anything I can do.

I do not know how hard they are to breed but ghost shrimp/ grass shrimp would work for juvanile cultlefish. They you can order them over the internet and keep them in a 10g tank they are cheap to feed too. Adult cuttlefish if you want live food you could catch your own if you live near the water just whatch out what kind of fish it is. Also possible you large feeder gold fish or order live finger mullet which cuttlefish like thay are also hardy. If you want to feed them live food it will not be cheap if you can not catch your own. I suggest getting them to eat frozen shrimp. Let me know if you need anything else.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back