• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Alternative Food

Norgebyblood,

I get my shrimp (for my dwarf lion) from John and Shelley at:
FloridaPets
Super nice couple. These are wild caught. Caveat, neither of my octopuses have eaten any so you may want to start with a very small amount. They will act as part of a clean-up crew if they are not eaten but don't do a lot to or for a tank and are not attractive like the colorful ones.

Ken at:
http://www.sealifeflorida.com
has serpents (brittle and common - all of his are octo safe) as well as snails, pencil urchins (he has other urchins but they are not recommended for octos) and emerald/hermit crabs. I have to confess that I am his webmaster but I started buying from him several years ago (Tony, shoot me if you must) and the recommendation comes from my aquarist side. Serpent stars are much easier to keep than star fish (sea stars) but I have had good luck with Kens common star fish as well and have one in with Trapper.

G*S, use the search function. You'll find lots of information on what kind of crabs to feed, but even where to get them and how much they cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back