• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Almost done with octopus tank

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
OMG i am ALMOST there!...I jsut got a hydrometer tonight and sand...a powerhead...a book on saltwater aaquariums..and i talked to a guy who knows alot about them :)..O and sorry i havent been able to get on lately :(

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Hey Ant!!!

So....Do you have a time frame on setting it up and adding water etc?

Any pics?

Carol

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
no pics as i havent gotten water in it yet..i might try and get water in it tonight :?

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
ok i have pipe hooked up to the overflow box into my sump but i have a few questions....i will get a pic on later today. now my questions...how do i plug the pipe comming from the overflow box and the tube going to the tank so my octo wont escape?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Yes, please feel free to ask questions about setting everything up. I know you are at a disadvantage living far from a local fish store and having to do this all by yourself.

When you get everything working, be sure to allow plenty of time for the tank to cycle. It's a good time for you to pracice with saltwater and testing and just being comfortable with your tank.

Nancy

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
ok thanks nacy...sorry but i cant get pics tonight, but im gonna have the rock and sand in it so it will look cool when i get you pics

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
My tank has 30 pounds of live rock in it. jeez that stuff is exspensive. also i bought 4 damsels. How long would it take with them in?...any takers?

Members online

No members online now.