Alice, my first bandensis

spinycheek

GPO
Registered
Picked Alice up at a LFS. I was planning on raising eggs, but I just couldn't resist. I've never actually seen one in a store. She's about 2 inches long so hopefully I'll get a few months with her.
IMGP6644.jpg

IMGP6645.jpg

She's awesome! She's eating ghost shrimp at the moment, but I have saltwater shrimp in the mail. At night, she likes to sit near the surface and strike at floating bubbles, it's pretty funny. Trying to get her to eat frozen, but no luck yet.

Thanks for the welcoming everyone!

She has settled in a lot. I gave her a shrimp this morning and she stalked it, just crawling over the rocks, then crouching behind them with only her eyes poking out. It reminded me of when my cat stalks bugs. When she finally decided to eat it, she swam up to it flashing black and white lines then snatched it up. All this was probably totally unnecessary, but I enjoyed watching it.

She's so much fun to interact with, she just watches and depending on how I move, she changes colors, textures and the orientation of her tentacles. I wish I knew what it all meant, but I'm starting to recognize the "I'm annoyed, get away from me" pattern.

I got more pics, I'll try to upload them soon.

Here's some more pictures. She's dong great! Still eating grass shrimp, but I got her to take them out of tweezers, so next I'm going to try frozen grass shrimp from tweezers.

IMGP6673.jpg

IMGP6678.jpg

IMGP6647.jpg

IMGP6705.jpg

IMGP6709.jpg

IMGP6708.jpg

IMGP6710.jpg

Her mantel is about 2 inches long. That's a Koralia nano powerhead she's next to as a reference for anyone who has a koralia nano.

I got her eating frozen grass shrimp with vigor now. Gonna try some commercially prepared frozen food and hope that works.

When I was feeding her last night, she grabbed the tweezers along with the shrimp and refused to let go. So I pulled her out of the water a little and she shot a jet of water half way across the room, hit the LCD picture frame. Then she continued to gnaw on the tweezers. All I can say is I'm glad that wasn't my finger.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back