• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Algae questions

Well, I did just finish the initial construction of my sump...it's working, so now I need to do such trivial things as make it QUIET! :shock: Far too much splashing noise for my taste, but at least it's not the fault of the siphon...that part, near as I can determine, is silent. It's the drain tube that glugs somewhat, and the water entering the overflow box splashes merrily. :|

So, anyway, long story shorter, I gather the sump can be used as a refugium/algae scrubber, yes? That helps to keep algae down? I thought those were mainly for gobbling nitrates.

rusty

yeah you can use the sump for that, maybe use a baffle to slow the water down bit before it goes into the algae part. You could sen this with sand from your tank and a couple of bits of live rock..... Hopefuly the algae, amphipods and bristleworms will populate it really doon

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back