• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Algae control

That's a good idea for the marble!!!

incase anyone hasn't heard of using superglue in tanks before, it is quite common practise to glue coral frags onto rocks with superglue, so it is harmless. :smile:

yes, but if you are using it you are supposed to rinse joint etc in water first before adding straight to a system

I wouldn't reccomend a nudibranch or sea slug since they usually have very short life spans, a year at most. Most of the really bright colored ones are prettymuch impossible to keep captive. Plus they are very difficult to feed. Alot of them are toxic so I don't know if it would be good if the octo ate it.
The only ones I can ever keep alive are the ones that eat my zooanthids. Every day I siphon some out and the next day there are more chomping on my zoo's.

On the glue I use Super Glue Gel (pure Cyanoacrylate) all the time to attatch my SPS frags to my rocks in my reef. I have never used PVC glue in the tank only for the plumbing. On the safe side I would wait a day or two before puting it in the tank.

surfy said:
I wouldn't reccomend a nudibranch or sea slug since they usually have very short life spans, a year at most.

ah, they will be in good company with our octopuses then!!! :smile:

I forget who said that nudibranchs eat algae, but they are actually carnivores--I've never heard of a nudibranch that ate algae. Heck, if they ate algae, they'd be easy to keep. They are in fact, awesome hunters. So diverse in prey, too.

Crevalle said:
I forget who said that nudibranchs eat algae, but they are actually carnivores--I've never heard of a nudibranch that ate algae. Heck, if they ate algae, they'd be easy to keep. They are in fact, awesome hunters. So diverse in prey, too.

Actually, there is a sea hare that is strictly a herbivore, does not ink like most slug/hares and thrives in a community aquarium. They eat algae better than an army of snails and crabs.

I plan on breeding some this summer.

I don't know if they can co-exist with cephs but I will give it a try when I get my cuttle.

If they don't end up a ceph snack I will let you know and assuming I can ship them without breaking any laws I would be happy to share.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back