• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Aku's babies- Parent tank

Sedna, thanks for the YouTube vid of the precious li'l octokitten! I'm sorry to hear he and his siblings didn't survive, but the video is quite amazing. Have favorited it and added the first comment. (I assume you will soon be getting several more comments from others following this thread.)

BTW, love your User ID -- does it refer to the Inuit goddess, the planetoid, or both? Also, what exactly does your sig mean? (Sounds like "Everything comes out of a shell", though my Latin is pretty rusty so I'm probably way off base.... :oops:)

Your benthic buddy,
Tani

For me, Sedna is the Inuit sea goddess- I didn't know it was a planetoid! After reading "Julie of the Wolves" I took an interest in Inuit mythology.

My sig comes from Erasumus (sp?) Darwin, Charles' grandfather. He had lots of ideas of his own about the origins of life, like so many unknown others who laid the foundation for Charles and helped pave the way to the theory of evolution. "Everything from shells," Grandpa Darwin had that latin quote painted on the side of his carriage for a short time (before bowing to social pressure), a bold statement at his time that he didn't believe Divine Creation held all the answers.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments, they means a lot! To be honest, that little bit of video made this whole last time worth it! I can hardly believe pointing the camera lens into the eyepiece of such a low power scope gave me anything! I don't really care how hopeless it may be to try to raise small egged octos, but I'm addicted. Getting supportive comments just adds to the fun!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back