• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Affordable fiddler crabs online?

West1

Blue Ring
Registered
Tried searching using different words and in different sections. All I would find is invalid links.

Anyone have a pocket friendly source for 1" fiddlers?

Tyvm

(mods pls correct title to Cheap instead of cheat, thx)

Hi where did you get your octopus?? I'm trying to find one !

I have a Pygmy I'm willing to part with if you are interested, 35.00. same as I paid. Its about 4" from tentacle to tentacle and eating red claw hermit crabs.
Lmk if interested.
The place I found a bigger one was in Lakewood, strictly fish. That one was 60.00

I have a Pygmy I'm willing to part with if you are interested, 35.00. same as I paid. Its about 4" from tentacle to tentacle and eating red claw hermit crabs.
Lmk if interested.
The place I found a bigger one was in Lakewood, strictly fish. That one was 60.00
Thank you sooo much! Yes, I do want to get a bigger one! Whats the name of that place in Lakewood? What do you think about this website? And which octopus you would recommend to purchase? I want beautiful one and not very vulnerable as blue ring octopus. Thank you!

Thank you sooo much! Yes, I do want to get a bigger one! Whats the name of that place in Lakewood? What do you think about this website? And which octopus you would recommend to purchase? I want beautiful one and not very vulnerable as blue ring octopus. Thank you!

Unfortunately I am new to Octos but have owned 2. Lots of info on this site.
I or anyone else can't recommend any species of water pet due to a lack of info on housing and filtration.
What size tank are we talking?
Biggest question imo with any water pet is, whats under the aquarium (filter(s)) and what is the planned water change schedule?

And a big yes... stay away from Blue Ring Octos. The pretty colors are not worth anyone's safety, yours or a house guest/kids/etc... Leave them to the Pros:biggrin2:

(posted PM just in case it helps a lurker, hope you don't mind)
Hi and welcome to the forum. As I stated in the thread, Strickly Fish in Lakewood is where I got the med size species.
Best to call around all the Saltwater shops as not many places carry them.

Not sure how much info you've got on Octos but if it's minimal, I highly suggest you read up on Octo Acclimation, Octo-proof tanks and Octo filtration. They are cute but require more attention than the normal wet pet.

Eric

Unfortunately I am new to Octos but have owned 2. Lots of info on this site.
I or anyone else can't recommend any species of water pet due to a lack of info on housing and filtration.
What size tank are we talking?
Biggest question imo with any water pet is, whats under the aquarium (filter(s)) and what is the planned water change schedule?

And a big yes... stay away from Blue Ring Octos. The pretty colors are not worth anyone's safety, yours or a house guest/kids/etc... Leave them to the Pros:biggrin2:

(posted PM just in case it helps a lurker, hope you don't mind)
Hi and welcome to the forum. As I stated in the thread, Strickly Fish in Lakewood is where I got the med size species.
Best to call around all the Saltwater shops as not many places carry them.

Not sure how much info you've got on Octos but if it's minimal, I highly suggest you read up on Octo Acclimation, Octo-proof tanks and Octo filtration. They are cute but require more attention than the normal wet pet.

Eric
Thank you! I realized I have no answers to your questions.. I just want to get a nice one octopus and then chose tank and everything for him depending oh his size, breed and etc. Your pigmy looks like this?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-03-02 в 19.49.38.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-03-02 в 19.49.38.png
    275.4 KB · Views: 92
Thank you! I realized I have no answers to your questions.. I just want to get a nice one octopus and then chose tank and everything for him depending oh his size, breed and etc. Your pigmy looks like this?

Yes my Pygmy looks similar to that but with more red/brown.

I think it's best you start with housing accommodations. Figure out what size tank and what is the biggest filtration you can add. Then think of the type of salt and refract meter you will invest in (plastic ones are garbage). Once this is accounted for, read on species and see whats the best option for you. The worst thing is buying on impulse and the wet pet dying for unknown reasons due to a lack of understanding.

Start with the above, build the momentum when you pickup your new little guy:pbjt::angel:

Yes my Pygmy looks similar to that but with more red/brown.

I think it's best you start with housing accommodations. Figure out what size tank and what is the biggest filtration you can add. Then think of the type of salt and refract meter you will invest in (plastic ones are garbage). Once this is accounted for, read on species and see whats the best option for you. The worst thing is buying on impulse and the wet pet dying for unknown reasons due to a lack of understanding.

Start with the above, build the momentum when you pickup your new little guy:pbjt::angel:
Got it! Thank you so so much

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back