• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

advice?

Sam

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I am getting some sp. bandensis soon and am looking for some advice...what sized tank will i need for about 5-10 bandensis?And how long do I have to leave the tank running before i put in the cuttle?Also,while i'm running the tank, does there have to be any animals in there to start the nitrogen cycle?And should i put in all the decorations/hiding places etc. in or leave it blank until I have the cuttles?What other foods can i feed to baby cuttles besides mysids?Is the average lifespan of bandensis realy 7 months?Can i put in live rock instead of microalgae?because i can' find any microalgae.Lastly,might anyone have some bandensis eggs/juveniles to sell?

So many questions:confused: ...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Morning Sam,

Please read everything you can on cuttle/octopus care. We have some great resources here that most of your questions can be answered. It takes time for a tank to go through the cycle and you need to give a new set up at least 3 months before you can add any type of ceph.

And:welcome:

umm...one more thing.It seems some people have seen bandensis eggs for sale in seacrop.under what section are they?Or are they just not there anymore?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back