Aculeatus hatchlings

She also enjoys the critters and stays at home. I help out where I can but after 8-15 hours of work the last thing I want to do is house work But I definitely see your point.

Redoc;118415 said:
the last thing I want to do is house work But I definitely see your point.

The last thing ANYONE wants to do is housework! :lol: Technology has fallen behind. Starting in the 50's continuing throught the 70's there were lots of innovations to reduce the drudgery but not much (a little flooring perhaps) has been invented since. My self-cleaning table, shower down walls and floor and hang and wash laundry have not come to pass.:sad:

She has the option to go back to work, I would be happy to stay home even if I had to do all the house work. Your right with all the technology you'd think it would be a lot easier. I think staying home with kid and critters is a lot more rewarding than going to work ( and my wife agrees ) I lose and have to work:roll::lol:

Redoc;118469 said:
She has the option to go back to work, I would be happy to stay home even if I had to do all the house work. Your right with all the technology you'd think it would be a lot easier. I think staying home with kid and critters is a lot more rewarding than going to work ( and my wife agrees ) I lose and have to work:roll::lol:

ummmm, I'll agree with the critters part :wink:

Lots of eyes watching me

The new batch of eggs seem to be developing well. Mom is still with us and has been eating up until yesterday. It looks like she is nearing the end:sad: I don't know why but both octos laid strings of infertile eggs with not as many eggs on the string they were the first eggs laid? I don't have as many eggs this time. ( this female is quite a bit smaller than the first ) I think I've got about another 7 to 10 days before they hatch although they don't look like they are developing as fast as the last eggs. Still if anyone has any thoughts on how to raise the little guys just throw your ideas here.

I have been stocking my sump where mom and eggs are with ??? little swimmers from my filters and refugium for the last week preparing for the babies to hatch. It turns out that the babies were developing at the same rate as my last batch but don't seem to show the same amount of color unless they are disturbed also I can't see them as well where they are. This morning I was dumping some more pods ?? into the sump and while I was doing it a new hatchling jetted into the cloud and started going crazy. Since then I have been watching it scavenge the bottom and around the algae. I've only seen one so far but I,m sure the others are not far behind. All equipment is running on the main tank and in the sump the pump has a very large intake covered with 75 micron mesh flow is about 20 GPH and water volume is 60gal.:fingerscrossed::birthday: double fathersday (it's been 3 weeks to the day).

Day 3 sorry no post for day 2 I was too busy. So far so good the babies appear to be eating, although their food is too small for me to see for sure if they are eating. When I put food in the little octos jet up to the front and start their aquabatic display. I have been feeding with zoo plankton, baby brine shrimp, and junk out of my filter:sly:.

Day 6, it looks as if they are all gone:cry: . Mom is still here and she has some eggs that haven't hatched , most look dead but some still look like they are waiting to hatch I don't hold much hope for that. I got a much better hatching before with no octo in the tank. I think she disturbed the eggs too much but I let her do her thing as she is the mommy octo and should know best. If anything new comes up I will let everyone know. If I end up with eggs I will for sure try again, I hope others will too.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with these guys Redoc. I think too many people don't realize that it is just as important to document the things that don't work as it is to document the things that do!

I'm sorry to hear about your hatchlings, but don't give up completely... When Varys' eggs hatched, we lost all 12 babies with no sign of any others for several days only to come home after a weekend away and have 12 more hatch out!
Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back