acclimation

Discussion in 'Octopus Care' started by clownfish, Jun 30, 2005.

1. clownfish

clownfish Vampyroteuthis Registered

I have looked at 3 different web pages and I have decided that I am going to float the bag for 20 minutes then add a cup of aqarium water veary slowly then remove a cup of aqarium water. I will wait a little and repeat this proses until I decide to pour the bag in. does this sound good.

2. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

Most experienced octo keepers on this website prefer the drip acclimation method. Have a look at this thread:

acclimation

Seach on acclimation and read the advice - it's important not to rush things.

Nancy

3. clownfish

the problem is I deont have air tubing exept for my air in my tank

4. Jon123

Jon123 Cuttlefish Registered

you just need a couple feet, go to the lfs, it will be under $1

Jon

5. clownfish

ok I just got done acclimation for my octopus he quikly swam to hid I used a cup and put my fingers in a funny shape on the side of the cup to make a steady drip it took about 30 minutes and the bag floted in the tank for about a 30 minutes wew it feels good that the octopus came out good we have already made a relationship well sort of if I get to close to him his eys turn black then when I go away his eyes turn there normal gray another thing can my octopus climb in my out take pump

6. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

It really is too bad that you didn't read and assimilate the pages of information Colin, Nancy, and others have so carefully written. This reeks of a "rush project", not at all what we recommend.

*sigh* greg

7. Colin

Colin Colossal Squid Supporter

Clownfish, I am really not on TONMO.com as much as I used to be but please follow the advice being generously given by Greg, Nancy and all the others... its for the best