about to pop

well aside from the few stragglers the eggs look like they are about to pop. the yolks are completely gone in about 85% of the eggs and the little fellas in them are starting to get awfully restless. i think it will be in the next 24 hours or so that they will hatch. just out of curiosity though... is it a sudden "everyone evacuate the premisis" thing or is it more so "lets all sneak out one at a time so mom doesnt notice" thing?

pics

Attachments

• conv_292523.jpg
    conv_292523.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 93
  • conv_292524.jpg
    conv_292524.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 99
  • conv_292525.jpg
    conv_292525.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 84
Awwww.... Those are excellent macros! What kind of camera are you using? Is she Briarius? Keeping fingers crossed for a successful hatching and rearing!

ive been taking these pics with my nikon coolpix 7900 since its the only thing i can fit behind the tank and get a good shot. yeah shes a briareus.

Joe,
From memory, the small egged guys seem to hatch in a snow flurry or two within about 3 days but the larger egged species have taken roughly a week to finish hatching. However, you have more eggs than anyone has mentioned for a large egged species so who knows.

Is that white face in the lower right just a rock?

well i got another taker on the babies! the Riverbanks Zoo in columbia SC wants some for their octopus exibit. usually it houses a GPO but theyve been having trouble with aquiring one and keeping it alive. their tank is about 500 gallons full of caves and nooks and crannys perfect for these guys. i figure ill take them 3-4 once they are an inch or so and just let them put them in the tank together. right now they are remodling the tank so they are going to plan for briareus this time.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back