About Monterey... (split from the initial Poll thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
monterey

hey i live in monterey i will look for the cheapest hotels for you all i am looking foreward to meeting everyone.
http://www.cheaptickets.com/trs/cheaptickets/accommodations/accommodation_availability.xsl
dont go to the one salinas its really crappy i have never stayed in that hotel but salinas is a dump. if youre going for an ok, safe place thats still cheap i would go fo watsonville.
i personally like the carmel hill lodge over the rest or maybe the embassy suites.

the coolest place as far as ceph labs go is hopkins marine lab. professor Gilly is really cool and its right next to the aquarium.

thanks a bunch, rabid squid.

I'm currently looking for a place that's safe, has a bed with no fleas or ticks on it, a TV and a clean bathroom. Wonder where anyone is looking for what I'm looking for.

Re: Monterey

Whoa! Is this Convention really going to happen!??????????? Count me in!!!!!! I have a octo-wagon, if anyone wants to come to LA first, I will carpool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cephalopods or Bust! BTW, there is a really great Youth Hostile 2 blocks from the Aq, MBARI and the like [Cannery Row etc..] I am in school at the time of this so I can only go, Fri- Sun. if anyoe is interested. Hey! James, You in? :mrgreen:

Hmmm, Rona... an octo-wagon, you say? We'll be driving North in our own vehicle, but I'm definitely curious. What, exactly, does an octo-wagon look like?

Yes, it is really going to happen! August 5,6,7. We'll tour MBARI on Friday afternoon, listen to very special guests on Saturday followed by food in Monterey, and visit the aquarium on Sunday. Monterey's Convention Center has been very helpful, the local high school has been super supportive and the folks at MBARI will show us their labs!

I'm waiting for a price quote on one last item so we can figure out the costs that will determine "ticket prices." After that, the only things to work out will be carpooling to Moss Landing and MBARI, and who wants to be part of the TONMO group entering the aquarium at 9:30 am on Sunday.

Melissa

Let's see... Saturday night we're staying out late in Monterey... 9:30 AM Sunday morning versus the next tour slightly later on in the day... I doubt I'll be part of the 9:30 crew on Sunday, but people flying (or driving) back to their destinations that day will probably want to take advantage of the earlier aquarium visit. Anyone up for a champagne brunch somewhere?

There's actually a great little Diner on the corner of Wave St. and Ocean [Archie's American Diner 125 Ocean View Blvd # 103,Pacific Grove, CA] It's a favourite amoung us aquarium goers. [Can you tell I go there A LOT?!!!] :vampyro:

No champagne though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back