Abdophus! Ieatfalalfel's first octo

Do you have anything to check PH quickly? Many people don't like test strips but for acclimation they are the best method I know of for matching (ie use two each time you test and match the color of the tank water with the acclimation water, regardless of what the value is). There are differences of opinion but slower longer acclimation is my preference if there is no ink.

LA honors their guarantee without a problem but you should to call it in ASAP, I call them even if the animal only looks ill when it arrives but that probably is not necessary.

I tested all the levels myself and had some LFSs check it too, it's fine. I'll call LA and get a replacement, how Long should I acclimate the next one?

I was referring to MATCHING the PH and salt levels, not testing for best values. The reason for acclimation is to slowly match and the time depends on the differences and how much water you add and remove not some set time period. I put the bag in a bucket of tank water for temperature matching and add a turkey baster of water about every 3 to 5 minutes. I remove half the water when I have added about half again the shipping water to the bag. It usually takes me at least 2 and usually closer to 3 hours but, again, it depends upon the differences in the shipping water and the tank water.

Ok, thanks for clarification, i picked up some stuff at LFS today to do that, as i ran out yesterday. My next attempt will be here on tuesday. The LA helper/phone person sounded like a robot.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back