A super nice ammo found by 18 year old son

Hey Kevin. Thanks for the compliment. I thought for sure, once i posted a pic of this beauty that I would get alot of WOWS!!! but you are the only one who has said anything. Hmmmmmm,,,,, makes me wonder?

Wow, that really is an absolute beauty. You have done a truly excellent job prepping the ammonite, just how many hours did it take you do you think? It is stunning and will be a beautiful item to keep forever.

Most jealous here!

I had WOW :shock: :rainbow: thoughts, but couldn't think of anything to say that would do it justice... It also looks like that ammonite that sold at auction for some crazy-high price recently.

I think maybe you have been upstaged by the colossal squid, but yeah, :rainbow: I'm jealous and wish I had anything near that colorful in my collection.

Can you see the sutures? I think I spot them in the photo...

I wowed it several times (and am now looking for something for this year's ring that is fossil based) but I didn't want to muddy up all your great photos with my blather. You might note your view count before you pout :wink: as we all really love the photos and the history of the find!

Hey Phil. Im guessing that I have about 6 hours into this thing so far with about 3 to go to finish it up.

Cuttlegirl, there are a very few sutures to be seen on this fossil, but they are on the smaller part of the keel and hard to see.

Dwhatley, I didnt mean to pout, but I cant seem to see where the 'view count' is? Im quessing its right in front of me somewhere? also, be glad your not standing nearby when Im prepping, I think ive invented a few new cusswords over the years! Ha!!!

2 little ammos

Hey gang. Here are 2 little ammos that I finished up not too long ago. I realized that niether were complete before I started, but went ahead and prepped them out anyways because of the colors they have! I am quite pleased with them even though they will not go into my collection. Also, I am going to start building a web page soon to show and sell all my 'extra' fossils, but being super busy this summer, thats going to take me till the Fall I think? By any chance does this forum have a place to trade and sell fossils? Ive been asked to post some for sale on another forum, but havent gotten around to that just yet.

dscn0918wd8.jpg

Instructive lesson in knowing your post is being enjoyed

Ron,

To know you have not been ignored:

Click Forums
Click Fossils and History
Scroll past the stickies until you see your thread
Look to the far right - the last column shows the number of viewings, the one to the left that shows the number of replies.

As of this instructional, there are only 24 replies (this makes 25) but 1,301 viewings! :sagrin:

Do you create cuss words that sound like they came from the period of the fossil?

Even Better!

Ok folks. I didnt think I could make this fossil any better than it already was, but Wow, now its even better!!! I had to take lots and lots of photos, then go through them, delete lots, but I ended up with a couple of purty good pictures. What I was trying to do was capture the greens that I was talking about. I also captured some purply blues too!! Just absolutly facinates me! And Im still not happy with it if you can belive that?!!! As I was turning this thing from side to side and this way and that way to try to get the best pictures I could, I could still see some scratches from all that sanding. Belive me, I was begining to loose my finger prints from soooooooo much sanding. But I think I can resand and repolish in about an hour or so, so thats not too bad. One pic is from inside and one from outside in the sun. I dont know why the one in the sun looks dusty, its not dusty at all. Anyways, enjoy.

sp002bla1.jpg

sp002dvp4.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back