a sad end

well, creepers decided to pass this morning.
So I am going to try and lift the egg string up a bit and have some gentle currents tend to them.
She hadn't eaten anything in over a week.
Water was fine.
I guess it was just her time.
This makes me a very sad gravesly, but it is the way of things some times.
At least she graced me with some wonderfull pictures and what little time there was.
Perhapse, with a TON of luck, her eggs will survive, though doubtfull.

Cheers Creepers.:cry:
I'll raise a whiskey to ya this weekend (though I would have done that anyways.lol)

Nancy;95417 said:
RIP Creepers :angelpus:

Sorry for your loss. It probably was just her time.

Nancy

yeah, I actually just got an update from my gf at home.

There was a mass hatching, she said upwards of thousands.
But in the last 2 hours it has gone down to hundreds.

It is unfortunate that I am not there to oversee, she is not so much of the aqua type. Buty she is doing the best she can.

ahhh...if they had only waited one more day.

erf, such a bummer when these things happen. sounds like she got lots of your attention before she went though.

good luck with the hatch! hopefully some of them will make it. :smile:

Sorry to hear about creepers; she graced us with nice stories, pics and anectdotes... Mass hatching suggests planktonic paralarvae, suggests snowball in hell scenario?

ob;95431 said:
Sorry to hear about creepers; she graced us with nice stories, pics and anectdotes... Mass hatching suggests planktonic paralarvae, suggests snowball in hell scenario?

indeed, a snowball would have a better time of it.

Large mantle (within context), VERY short tenticles that helped them pulse around.
But they were so small that they were getting swept into the filters even with breeders netting as a barrier. I was useing filter floss at first, but that just trapped them and killed them anyways.
By the time I got home from work (I was relaying what to do over the phone to the gf), there were 2, maybe as many as 4 surviveing octos.
This morning, nothing.
I would love another chance at this with a system designed for it.
Oh!
And believe it or not, they were attacking rotifers that we fed to the system. So they may have actually had a chance of staying around longer.
Oh well...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back