A Rambling Cephalopod Narrative:

And throughout the oceans gossip did spread, of fire-breathing dragons, ship-sinking kraken's, comets, hail, submersibles, gold bullion, black-eyed drunken living dead and dead living, gunfire, hungry little chicks, whisky bottles and pirates, and of course spectacled mumblefish's fearless single-handed slaying of a 60-foot long, dark, dastardly and dreaded turtle-headed moonfish serpent. His glyphs were tagged on reefs far and wide - he was a legend - and his name was Su. Very soon, before Kraken could ooze a dollop of slime slithering from his bucket even, word of spectacled mumblefish's feat had spread near 800 miles, for sound travels fast in water, and the oceans were talking, everyone was talking, the noise was deafening; whales lept from the water and closed their ears; jellyfish vibrated to bits. Countless millions of critters were telling millions of stories, and all of this noise pounded the cliff base, sending soundwaves high, high, Oh so high above they near touched the stars - so high they reached a lone nest wherein several tiny bodies ...

Drawing deep on his pipe smoke, Dan surveyed the mangled remains of the two subs on deck, and of the deck itself, oblivious to the gentle slap of the waves on the ships hull. This old girl tended to creak and lisp a bit, and she was certainly weighed down now right now, so an intermittent thlap didn't alert him.

It was the 'thlap, thlap, thlap, thlap, thlap, thlap, thlap, thlap, slap' sequence that startled him.

...Dan whipped around, pipe smoke swirling like a dust devil around his head, to see a 7 foot tall green bipedal thing bearing down on him ! The flabby, webbed feet made a sound like wet mackerel being slapped upside a bobby's helmet and it lunged across the deck towards him, brandishing a large trident.
The tiera on its misshapen skull glowed with the reflected light of hundreds of jewels and heavy gold, stunning Dan with disbelief !

Squidman said:
"This concludes the end of part one of 'A Rambling Cephalopod.' Please eject the tape and turn it over to play part two."
"Not so fast, my fine tentacled friends! This is MY picture!! MY film!!!"
Those who could, focussed their attention on the figure walking onto
the set. "It's Spielberg!" someone muttered as they began to tremble.
"Relax, people. I had to fire the ceph cuz he was dipping into the ink..
I've replaced him with Bruce, star of my Jaws series. BACK TO WORK!"

(This is the story of how "A Rambling Cephalopod" gave birth to "Jaws: The Next Generation".)

Spielberg scratched his head. It had been a while since he'd been involved in anything so outrageous. He didn't really know what to make of the situation; he didn't know how on Earth Fox had got involved in such a movie - it had absolutely no plot, there was no continuity at all - it seemed to be heading in every direction. No amount of editing it seemed could save this production. It seemed like reality TV gone wild - and he still had another 40 reels of film to edit yet.

Heavens. He sank his head in the palms of his hand and just stared at a pencil. And then it hit him.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back