A Rambling Cephalopod Narrative:

A small band clamped to the remains of the gull, a leg, lay discarded on deck. A bloodied feather ruffled in the night's gentle breeze.

*blip ... blip ... blip ... blip .......* Its signal was weak.

Editor's note: Careful analysis has revealed this small band was infact the backing group for the upcoming Niel Diamond tour . . . the *blip ... blip ...blip ....* signal, becoming ever more faint, appears to be Neil's pacemaker . . but now, back to our story..

In the abyss, the Kraken stirred. It was agitated. Something had happened. His monstrous eyes could vaguely make out a cloud of ink, accompanied by blue blood. The shadow of a ship was reflected in the titan's eye. "Not again," he thought, "Why must they pursue me and my brethren? Why can't we simply live, live without this hunt? I cannot let another one of my children's deaths go unpunished!"

His chromatophores contracted and expanded sporadically with rage. His weight shifted after years of rest. The Kraken's mantle billowed with water, and emptied with incredible force. He shot upwards, towards the boat and minisubs, thinking only of rage.

A titan has awakened, one who should have slept forever...

The Kraken was not the first onto the scene of the murder....The Colossal White Shark was already on the scene kepping away from the search lights and the every annoying machine guns...he knew the machine guns well....countless less unfortunate brethens have been slaughtered for the cause...he witnessed all the killing when he was still a 5 footer....this time, it was different, he was 50 foot now, not even the feared Lance 4 or AQUA STURM was a threat to him with his rock like skin....
Back on the surface, Alberto was in the control room when suddenly a machine gun on the left side fired a long burst into the water..he dashed to the raders and saw the green dot roughly the hlaf the size of their boat, then he could see a wake coming in at their right again...He took the intercom and yelled in ' Incoming at 9 o'clock!! Take it out!' Suddenly serach ligths flared up and Dan's mentor was holding up what looked like a tripod mounted gatling cannan, unloading high explosive shells into the water leaving miniture explosions lighting up the water...The Colossal Shark made a sharp U-turn as the balls of heat stung his eyes and sorched his skin, and and never made it past the 1st defence perimeter before he found that the enemy has made their puny weapons deadlier than the ones they have after the last encounter.....

The dorsal think went back into the dark deep water, then suddenly Alberto screamed, the who ship was being rammed by the dam shark!. Eric fired harpoon after harpoon into it but the shark just kept coming...

..causing his heart to beat like a metranome, reminding him of the adage, 'Music calms the savage beast'. "If that's true, then it can arouse it, like in the movie, "Jaws". Suddenly he had an idea. Eric got out the tape of the theme to "Jaws" he'd brought with him, intending to play jokes on the others. He inserted into the player, wound it to the end, then played it backwards. The shark moved on.. "IT WORKED!"

Unfortunately, the tape, played backwards , also said "we worship the devil" !!!
"Oh no, cried Alberto." that soundtrack was made by Led Zeppelin !"

Greg, from where he clung (bloodily) to the seagull leg and the transom of the Albatross, said "I knew we shoulda played I am, I said that would've got rid of all beasties within a hundred km rad......i.........uuuuuuuuuuuuuus"

He slips back into the deep, the krakens tentacle clubs firmly attached to his................

J

"yipes!!!!!!"
screamed Greg, as he just about flew out of the water, dropping his gnawed bird leg (band still intact, they make them tough) onto the deck...

"You sound like Minnie Mouse." Eric commented...blowing on the the gatling gun barrels to cool it down a bit...

Alberto instantly ran into the sotrage compartment and reached for the small black box, he opened it and took out the Tesla Gun. He ran out and shot the Kraken's arm and the thing went flailing around smashing the rader tower. Greg fell onto the floor and was knocked out. Dan's mentor was looking at the shark with mild interest not to mention shooting at it with Eric's Gatling gun. Then the shark and the arm moved away, leaving the ship....10 minutes later, everything was back to normal excpet that there was no rader tower and what remains of it it being firmly bolted to the hull for added protection..'Dam' Dan muttered as he checked the propellers, the dam shark to the whole thing with it!...

... and through all of this chaos, the small transmitting band continued to send out its weak signal.

*blip ... blip ... blip ... blip ...*

Shaking his head to clear out the rattle of gunfire and explosions, Greg heard a faint "blip" from down near his feet...Dan strode over and picked up the half chewed gull leg and put it to his ear, as if it was a small phone...
"Have you gone insane?" spurted Greg (still in a light voice, cracking) "That is my leg!"
As Greg lunged to grab the leg, Dan slipped off the ring from the bone and gristle...he pitched the piece of meat into the water, where it was quickly devoured by four banded butterfly fish (who relish seagull flesh, but rarely get to taste it, having a small mouth and all ). Dan noticed that the ring had a lovely series of swirling characters on both the outside and the inside, and it seemed warm to the touch.

"This is precious to me." He said, in an oddly flat tone.

The Kraken was wounded. It had lost an arm to those stupid humans! He knew it would grow back, but the stump was in immense pain! Those people were too well-equipped to attack. They could not hope to defeat something of the supernatural, he thought. That was when he called upon his brother, the hideous Cthulhu. A deep, guttural voice replied to Kraken."I am here, my brother." A green mass of claw, scale, and tentacle arose from the deep.

"Your turn, Cthulhu," said the wounded squid. "My powers cannot compare with human industry."

"Very well."

"But I must warn you, the humans are clever. They utilize music and other strange things to drive us off. Beware the Neil Diamond record, Cthulhu. Avoid it at all costs!"

"Brother, I will return with tidings of destruction and death. In the meantime, recover. The water around you is a cloud of hemocyanin."

And with that, Cthulhu departed to wreak havoc on mankind once again...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back