A Protein Skimmer

sideways

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
CPR just came out with a dual bak pak 2. It has 2 pumps and 2 skimming chambers running into one bio filtration area. It's supposed to be good for 100+ gallon tanks. Might be worth it when the bimac gets bigger. Either way, here's another vote from a bak pak 2 owner, they're great in my opinion.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
for a while, it was easier to get cuttlefish than it was ocotos out here...why? I don't know. I did have a 400 gallon tank then, but the little cuttles didn't bang around too much, and fed from day one! I just talked to my supplier and he moaned and groaned about obtaining cuttlefish, so perhaps it was just a fluke that there were so many available a few years ago? Hmm. I thought they were easier to take care of than the octos I have had, but they were in great condition when they arrived, and perhaps I just was lucky. I sure would like to try them again though...we had a school of 4. Neat!
Greg

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
*BIG HINT*

perhaps you should try tracking some down and supplying the trade with captive rasied babies??? hehe I know you'd get a LOT of interest over there :)

The most I had at one go was seven and boy do they keep you on your toes! Sometimes if one inks it makes all the rest do it too! More than once i had a jet black tank! LOL

cheers

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
I tracked down the dealer I had bought those from, and am currently working on obtaining a bunch of them...anyone have any friends at Waikiki aquarium?:)
Now I have to convince the Mrs. that we are on a mission to produce cuttles and see how she feels about it...
:5 minutes later. That was easy. She said "sounds cool". Yikes! I will have to remember to ask her questions when she is baking!
She didn't even flinch when I told her the size tank we will need. I am a lucky guy!
Greg

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
That is the big question! I am going to get at least a 225...if I can talk her into a 400, that would be better...in Tempe there are two large commercial tank builders, I am going to visit some friends there and see if maybe they have a "scratch and dent" sale! A lot of zoos order tanks and never pick them up, so I have been able to buy large tanks for a good price before...trust me, I will be sending in pics as work progresses!
Greg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ianthe

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak